Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grand Theft Auto 5 aka #GTA5

The kids are awake so I finally had to stop playing... might as well type up a quick "review" of one of the most anticipated games ever... GTA5!




Yes, I admit... I was at the midnight release, but this was/is the first and only time that'll happen. Unless there is a VI?! SHHH!! Anyways...

Spoilers
Hate them on TV commercials. If it is something I ACTUALLY want to see/experience, I will do so much as mute or walk out of the house to avoid any contact. I kid you not. And so of course the moment I found out about GTA5, I kind of went into "radio silence" for a bit.

I've come to find out you can play multiple characters, perform special moves which include bullet time shooting AND driving! A Rottweiler I can own and train?! I'm a sucker for Rottweilers, I used to have one as a kid and she was the best dog ever. Having lived in Los Angeles, I have actually been able to use my internal GPS and find my way around Los Santos with ease... I even passed by my old neighborhood! 

Insane Fantasies That'll Get You Ropes in Real Life!
It sounds like a mouthful, but it's probably not as "serious" as you think. Yes, it's been noted in the GTA series you can perform GTA, assault, trafficking, death, etc... but you have no idea about my insane fantasy. And that is...

To perform a U-Turns whenever AND wherever I please... regardless of collision or bodily damage done to any structures or lifeform, man-made natural, extraterrestrial or otherwise including but not limited to buildings, automobiles, pedestrians, signage and anything else left unlisted. 

Red lights?! "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

One of the best features of GTA5 is the surprise you get from opening the case and finding an instruction booklet that has only 5 pages... wait where's the rest? The game does an ingenious job of pulling off a MegaMan and teaching you everything you need to know about the game in the first "practice scenario". I truly suggest you watch the video below to understand what I mean when I say a "MegaMan was pulled off".



I really can't stress how much I was looking forward to this game and just how much it has delivered. The storyline is extremely enjoyable to watch unfold, especially with multiple perspectives. The city life, music, activities, randomness... I could go on and on.

Now if only I didn't have to wait until late night when the kids are asleep to play. Damn me for being a responsible parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment